Saturday 26 November 2011

Starting to think about 'back to work'

I've got to start thinking about going back to work.  Boo hiss.  The year seems to have flown by.  I can't believe that it's been 6 months since they diagnosed the PND and that Arthur is now 8 months old.  Despite the ups and downs, I've really enjoyed it.  I think that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now with the PND and I think that going back to work will help.  However, it also means a new set of stresses and strains.

I didn't really want to think about it, but my job share is going back in January so we had to go into the office to talk about it with our new boss.  Yeeks, seeing all those stressed out people made me feel stressed! But at the same time, I know that when I go back, I have to be strict on my hours as if I'm on duty to pick the children up, then I have to leave by a certain time to get them.  No messing or it's £15 per every 10 minutes you are late!!!!! Now I understand why all those people used to rush off and say 'sorry, I can't do it now, I have to go' before I had children!

Still, when you get into the office way before everyone else and then leave slightly earlier than everyone else it's amazing how many people frown at you and think you're shirking.  Maybe some people do.  I think my memories of the job and being up at midnight trying to get some of the work done before getting in early the next day makes me feel happy that my jobshare and I certainly weren't shirking.

Anyway, back to work in the new year.  Perhaps next year will have a set of challenges (eg. going back to work) which will also be real steps forward in getting my mental state sorted out for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment