Wednesday 23 November 2011

Oh some sewing at last

So, I found that focusing on some lovely new sewing goals has helped recently.  It's also avoided the baking (though I am still hoping to make some biscotti and stollen before the week is out - partly cos I love stollen).


So, Isobel has now another new hairband - I was quite excited by it!  I followed the same instructions from this great site Nina Makes - http://ninimakes.typepad.com/nini_makes/2007/08/very-easy-headb.html.  This time I slightly changed it though and added some lining to the top piece, just some light weight iron in lining.  Keeps the shape better now I think.  Isobel loved it and has worn it to be every night since!

Then I started work on some fabric storage boxes.  I have wanted to make some for ages and now they have a set of instructions in this months 'Making' magazine.  So, here is the box as it currently stands - just need to make the lining now:


This is the smallest one and is random yellow as my mum gave me some old fabric, including this yellow and some 1970s brown stuff which has yellow and orange in it:


Just looking for one more fabric to go with it and complete the theme!!  Any ideas welcome.

This morning Isobel decided to re-enact 'Guess How much I love you in the Autumn' and ran round the house as a box monster with the yellow box on her head!  Multipurpose sewing. That's what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment