Sunday 20 November 2011

Run run run...

I'm clearly having a blog-a-thon.

I've been running a lot over the past few days - ok, so not necessarily a huge distance but I've been out on a route I've been doing which includes some lovely hills and...happy oh happy, I can now run up them without stopping!  I'm so pleased with myself.

The running is great.  I am almost tempted by running the marathon again next year.....mmmh, but maybe one step at a time (phew I can hear my friends say - it would be the 4th London one which I still reckon I've got in me.....but maybe when things are a bit calmer).

I was thinking about it last night when out running, how difficult it is to find the time to go for a run now.  I used to be able to put my trainers on and go.  Now I have to wait until there is someone to look after the little ones.  And as it's winter it's also dark and damp which isn't the most enticing weather.  But, I'm trying to keep it up and it is making me feel like a new woman.  I really must buy some new trainers - another thing I don't know how I'll fit in.  Why can't they have someone come to your house and measure you up, watch you run and sell you trainers?????  I would love that.  My trainers are knackered - I'm sure it would make me run twice as fast to have new ones!

One thing I like about running in the winter is the fact that so many people leave their curtains open and their lights on - great for nosey parkers like me!  I ran past one house which had all it's christmas lights up - outside and in, including a christmas tree in the window! Maybe I've got the month wrong....

1 comment:

  1. I am very pleased you're enjoying the hills. I cannot wait for that feeling when you conquer a big one. We should try this hill over my way that running club used to make us do at least once a month. it's a killer.

    Have you tried the Nike store for trainer fitting - I got mine from there and I have never had such a great pair of trainers. like running on air and I swear they make me faster!

    ReplyDelete