Monday 12 December 2011

What does Isobel want from Santa?

....cake

That was the answer given when we saw father Christmas on Saturday. Admitedly that was daddy giving him the answer as Isobel was in awe of her hero in red.  Today she told me she loved father Christmas. Made me smile.

Anyway, so needless to say when the gift was opened and it wasn't cake she was mortified!tears and more tears. Arthur on the other hand was oblivious to the whole thing. Poor father Christmas.

Anyway, a quick trip to pizza express soon solved the crisis. And she even at the olives. What a star.

We had a mug of hot chocolate when we got home. Some hotel chocolate stuff with chilli and cinnamon.  Was ok but peter reckoned it needed more chocolate.

Sunday was Xmas dinner day with friends. I was so excited I even made a giblet gravy! And we had a waitrose Xmas pudding which was lovely but not as lovely as Isobel who was dressed up in her pudding outfit and I think was a little tipsy after her taste of the real pudding. Think that might have had something to do with the amount of brandy I poured on to set fire to!

And finally we tried my pecan lord and they were YUMMY!



No comments:

Post a Comment