Tuesday 14 February 2012

These are a few of my favourite things

In my attempt to keep Isobel happy and calm over the weekend (she wasn't well either - both of them have produced a lot of bodily fluids out of both ends, it's just Arthur is continuing!), we all sat down in front of the Sound of Music.  And how she loves it.  She is completely transfixed.  And the good thing is, we all love the Sound of Music don't we - I mean, who can't smile as they sing-a-long to 'Climb every Mountain'.  I've been singing it whilst running too!  God bless it.  I downloaded the soundtrack yesterday, as well as Adele who I just think is a legend.  I love the way that when Adele sings she has that amazing voice and then she speaks and she sounds right sarf landan.  It's great.

Anyway, I was thinking of the sound of music and thinking about some of my favourite things which I should think about when feeling fed up and came up with the following (not a complete list of course):

Barafundle Bay - beautiful
  • cold, crisp winter days (and ideally being out for a walk or run);
  • turquoise sea which is crystal clear (and which exists in the UK yes indeed - we found some at Barafundle Bay in Wales);
  • Isobel singing Baa Baa in bed when she wakes up;
  • Freshly made coffee and freshly baked pain au chocolate;
  • a hot shower without anyone telling me to hurry up;
  • warm, snuggly socks;
  • a nice glass of Champagne (well, why not);
  • Peter making me dinner (!) - maybe I'll have dinner cooked tonight, it is Valentines afterall!
  • banoffi pie;
  • Victoria Sandwich Cake;
  • fitting into a new pair of jeans;
  • listening to Just a Minute on Radio 4.
What else?  I shall be pondering and putting some more up I think

No comments:

Post a Comment