Friday 16 September 2011

Wild Wisley and herbaceous borders

So the Great Bake Off was all about pies - I was quite excited by some of this meringue pies, especially the swirly ones with raspberry or whatever it was.

Anyway, took Arty to Wisley to meet a friend the other day. My mum would laugh - what next? First there was sewing and now there is the RHS! According to my health visitor, gardening is apparently being prescribed to women with postnatal depression. The garden itself is lovely - quite inspiring and relaxing too.  If only my herbaceous borders looked as lovely as theirs - unfortunately I don't think the people who work there would be willing to come and sort out our garden for free!  They also had some sculptures on display - I think the ones of the birds were about £2,000 if you have some spare cash to buy them!





They have a kids play area in one of the caves and an outdoor play area with wooden sculptures and a place to build wigwams (see below)! The cake isn't too bad either - try the coffee and walnut.




However, the challenge was the journey to Wisley which was anything but relaxing - what is it with lorries on the M25? It's like they come out of the Clackett Lane services and crash or topple over! Then they put up those flashing '40' signs....but what they should really say is '2' given that that is about the speed you go! Luckily Arty was quite happy sleeping. Isobel took great delight I feeding arty last night - she was particulary good at trying to get him to eat the spoon.

The neighbours dropped off some pears early yesterday morning, said they needed cooking. So as we're due to spend quite a while in the car this afternoon and Isobel and I went out for lunch (very nice quiche we had too!), I made some pear muffins. Last time I made muffins they ended up like bits of flapjack - this lot seem better!  I found the recipe on this website and adapted it slightly - it's apparently a healthy muffin recipe.....


No comments:

Post a Comment