Thursday 29 September 2011

New Forest Tree Climbing

It seems Isobel doesn't like donkeys.  We were out for a walk near Lyndhurst and a donkey pottered along towards us.  The bravado of my little toddler suddenly disappeared....'duddle mummy, I want a duddle' she said as she hid behind my legs whilst the donkey tried to eat Arty's lunch!  Soon forgotten with a visit to the sandpit.

The nice thing about being on holiday is having a gin and tonic at the end of the day whilst sitting out enjoying this lovely weather we're having at the moment!  And we decided we deserved the gin and tonic having battled with energetic toddlers all day.  I can't drink more than about 1 as with these pills I have noticed that I don't sleep as well and sleep is the big thing that I had problems with with the depression.  Gin and cadburys fruit and nut - a recipe for a happy life!

We found a lovely spot for a walk and a spot of tree climbing.

It appears that Isobel loves to climb trees - I am very happy about this.  I like climbing trees.  She was really quite the little adventurer, refusing to be held and wanting to do it alone!  I thought of something I read in the papers a while ago about how kids aren't getting the outdoor activity that they need/used to get.  Found something whilst looking for it online:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2008/aug/03/schools.children

Having climbed her trees, she just had a major meltdown....too much fresh air maybe?  I couldn't do anything more than laugh as she asked for a cuddle, then said no cuddle, then cuddle, then no mummy, then cuddle......She is getting a bit big to carry on shoulders for too long I found out!

Anyway, the journey home was relatively calm and now we're preparing for the holiday to Norfolk! Can't wait - we're going to be near the sea so buckets and spades will need to be packed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment