Saturday 12 May 2012

The sun is shining!!!

Yes it really is! So much rain and now a day of sun...and apparently it's going to be sunny tomorrow!  It might just prevent the development of webbed feet but only just.

Isobel has been on good form this week - it's so lovely when she is like this.  It makes finishing the happy pills so much easier.  I am due to take my last one tomorrow! Can't believe it.  They have been a lifesaver I think.  I was so scared of taking them and now I suppose part of me is scared of coming off them completely - although I don't think they are needed any more.

So, why has she been on top form? Well, I don't know.  Maybe because it's not been quite as tediously wet (yes, I know 'we need the rain' - but why can't it come at night and then be sunny in the day? I mean, surely that couldn't be that hard?).  We went to the lovely Wisley on Wednesday - I've not been for ages and it didn't let us down, despite the rain.

On the way there, stuck in very slow traffic on the M25, she chirps 'I don't like this road Mummy.  Can we go on another one to Wisley?'.  If only I think.  But we keep going - helped by never ending rounds of 'eye spy'....which goes something like this:

Mummy: I spy with my little eye, something white
Isobel: No pink.  I spy with my little eye something pink.
Mummy: Your jumper
Isobel: My turn. I spy......something white.
Mummy: The lorry....my turn...
Isobel: No, me. I spy....

And so it goes on - we have green (grass or trees), black (steering wheel), blue (coat) and that's about it.  So we repeat.

The game was briefly interrupted by me getting over excited listening to Heart as someone finally guessed one of the voices and won £5000! I couldn't believe it.  It's been going on for months! How my life has changed - excited by listening to Heart FM.

At Wisley we had even more of a laugh - not only did Isobel ruin everything she was wearing jumping about in muddy puddles (let's be honest - there are lots of them!) she then declared that 'odd' was her new word....and so had lots of fun going up to people and telling them they were odd! Mmmh, not something to be encouraged perhaps but really quite entertaining.

Anyway, back to the happy pills.  Yes, I come off them tomorrow.  Last weekend I felt quite wretched.  Really tired, upset stomach, no appetite, grumpy and so on.  Peter was convinced I needed to go back on the pills.  I wasn't as convinced.  I think it might be PMS.  Anyway, I am now on a new regime - the running has died down a bit (partly because of the weather, partly because of long working days for Peter which limits my time to get out) and so I have been reading about PMS and what might help.  As a result I feel like a pill popper:

- Vitamin B complex (for B12)
- Iron
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Calcium and Magnesium (I've cut down on milky coffee in a vague attempt to cut the pounds - both the spent ones and the weight ones!)

Seems to have made a difference - but it's probably all a placebo effect.
 
The week has ended well - all the sunshine today, out on Box Hill (where the Olympic road cycling will take place) having a picnic in the sun which was lovely.   Let's see what happens when the pills stop!





No comments:

Post a Comment