Thursday 17 May 2012

The naked chef-ess!

So I had to go on the tube today, in rush hour. I don't miss it all. I have to say, London bridge in rush hour is a nightmare. So glad I don't have to do that every day! And now I am on a latish train home and someone is eating something which really really smells!

Anyway, I digress. I have been looking at these blogs by people who are cooking all of Mary Berry's recipes and found myself thinking, great idea but I would be fat as a house if I did that as I would eat it all! So, how about a similar challenge but with things we could eat for lunch and dinner.....

Who could it be? Well, a possibly controversial choice for some but we have plumped for Jamie. Peter said 'why don't you cook all of Jamie's recipes from every book he has done'. Good idea thought I. His food is generally tasty and the kids eat it. Nuff said.

Only challenge is we don't actually have all his books but hey Ho. So we are starting this madness this weekend, aiming for two recipes a week including flavoured butters and salad dressings as per the naked chef! Starting with The Naked Chef itself. Dilemma currently being faced - to go through recipes in order or be more spontaneous!

Likely to be the latter to use up the asparagus in the fridge.

It's either that or minestrone!

No comments:

Post a Comment