Thursday 28 June 2012

What is it I am doing wrong?

I am at a loss. Maybe it is worse because Peter is away and I'm not getting much rest from looking after the kids, not getting out for my so important runs and so on. But I am beginning to despair. Isobel is just so mean to her brother. She is such hard work, so demanding, so full of screams just because she wants to go outside, then she doesn't, then she does so she just screams and shouts for ages.  It does my head in sometimes. Then on top of that she is so mean to her brother. She takes everything away from him, shuts doors on him, pushes him over etc etc. He now cowers when she goes near him.

It breaks my heart. It brings a strange feeling of real sadness with real anger. I see other people with lovely photos of their little ones laughing and smiling together. I have none. She has never really laughed and smiled with him, just hit him.

I don't know what to do. Is she angry that he came along and took attention away from her? Probably but she still gets loads of attention, cuddled, isobel time and so on. Her behaviour just attracts negative attention. Does she have some other behaviour issue linked to me having PND for most of her first years of life which wasnt picked up!

Is she angry that Peter has gone away and so is wanting constant attention from me even if it means being put on time out.  What scares me is that momentarily I feel like I'm slipping back into those thoughts I had when the PND was still here. Mainly I just want a break and I want Isobel to not clobber her brother. I'm secretly longing for the day he is bigger than her and clobbers her back!

No comments:

Post a Comment