Sunday 1 July 2012

One week to go!

My attempt at a 'time out' bottle
 So the dark cloud which was hanging over me last week has moved on I think.  I've had a much better weekend and I've been pondering different approaches to try to manage my reaction to Isobel's behaviour as well as try to manage her behaviour (can you really? I remember my mum saying 'WYSIWYG' - mainly about men but who knows, maybe you could apply it to little people too!).

Anyway, I made a time out bottle.  I found it on Pinterest (!) (http://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/10/03/relax-bottletime-out-timer/) and Isobel and Arty both love it.  Not sure it really does the trick as a time out bottle but never mind.  She has taken it shopping with her and I keep thinking I really must glue the lid on everytime I see Arty pretend to drink it! 

I am also going to make a marble jar and think about how to earn marbles for good behaviour.  I tried sticker charts - everyone told me 'try sticker charts' - maybe that works with kids who like stickers rather than ones who really don't care about them! She has no interest in stickers.  Which is possibly a good thing as I could end up with stickers all over the walls of the house I suppose!

One week to go until Peter is home - hooray!  I thought I would summarise a few of the exciting things I can tell him about in pictures (I didn't get a picture of a dark grey cloud which would have reflected some of my feelings so here are some others!):


A snail at Hever castle - snails have also eat the bulk of his aubergines, despite me trying to rescue them!
Hever Castle itself - lovely for a day out and there is a troll under the bridge!

Potatoes from the garden.....oh yes we have lots


Rose garden at Hever castle - if only
And Roses in the back garden - last year they were tiny, this year we have far more!







Something to look forward to - going for a run and going to see some running!






No comments:

Post a Comment