Thursday 1 March 2012

Feeling a bit emotional

I go back to work in Monday. I can't believe it. Maternity leave goes so quickly. I'm lucky too as I've been off for a year. It's been a mixed year with its highs and lows but overall it's been lovely to have this time with Arthur and more time with Isobel. I wish I hadn't had post natal depression but there we go. I have shed a few tears today - my last day with just Arthur. I don't think this is anything to do with PND, just normal I should think. It seems harder this time as I know we won't have any more so I won't have a time like this again. I have huge respect for mums who stay at home to bring up children, its hard work and often goes unrecognised by society. I couldn't do it. That's why for me I know I have to go back, albeit part time. It will have its challenges, especially next week when emotions will ne running high. Fingers crossed Arthur will be ok at nursery and I can eat my porridge on the train at some ridiculous time of the morning without crying!

For our last journey out together, Arthur and I went back to the Cricketers in Clavering to meet a friend. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and gave him his first al fresco dining experience......which didn't involve this lovely pavlova - that was mine, all mine. And very delicious (and surely must be good for you, I mean its mainly egg white with some dairy....isn't it?)


No comments:

Post a Comment