Wednesday 18 January 2012

Too many challenges?

I'm having a desire to change the colour of the font.  Had enough of black I think.

I've been thinking about the year and what it is going to bring - lots of challenges as I've said before.  So, what have I done?  Despite my best efforts I've found myself thinking about some new 'personal development' opportunities (mmmh, I've been thinking too much about work I think with that jargon!) I'd like to try out this year.....
What are they? Well, here goes:

- learn to crochet - I am left handed so knitting has always been a bit of a challenge.  However, someone recommended a book to me about crocheting for lefties so I'm going to give it a go!
- cook all the different types of pastry in Leith's baking bible (no, not in preparation for the Bake Off - despite Peter joking that I should give it a go) - so, flaky, rough puff, sweet, etc etc.  Not started that one yet.
- sew one item a month (I thought a month was vaguely manageable) - I've achieved this one for January having made another cushion cover.



- run a half marathon with my good friend Mrs WP.
- make a cake pop (I had one the other day - slightly strange, I wondered how they made them stick to the stick and not crumble everywhere....so I looked it up - and think I might give it a go!).
That's it - is that manageable?  I am thinking it is.  Let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment