Tuesday 10 January 2012

Lemons, homity pie and zumba

A new year, new me. I am finding the counselling helpful I think. I certainly find that I can cope more easily with some of the things small children can throw at me!

Isobel and I made a pink steering wheel this evening. Anything to try to help her deal with her strong urge to 'drive with mummy' and try to climb into the front!(yes, she is in a car seat before anyone worries!). It still needs the finishing touches, I am thinking of some form if flashing horn button in the middle.....

And Arthur and I had a productive day as well. Before launching him on his tigger aeroplane (the best £1 I ever spent - its great, it flashes and sings and is a hit with kids from 6 months to 8 years - think its American and can't see where u can buy them here), we cleaned the upvc door with a lemon! Amazing. The lemon cut through all the painting remnants and general grime! Who needs Mr muscle??

Anyway, I have to share Peter's latest cooking outing as he was beside himself with pride. He made a pie. A hairy bikers pie with cream, onions, spinach, potatoes and other such lovely things. It was lovely. Very good. Very not good for the waist but good way to use up all that cream left in fridge!

And to make up for it I ventured out to new pastures this evening - zumba. Oh my god, talk about being uncoordinated! It was great fun and I almost felt young and hip again as I pranced about like a wally to some funked up Latin beat music! But it did bring back those memories of salsa at dodgy bars off tottenham court road where very slimy men who seemed old enough to be your dad wanted to dance with all the young ladies! Oh all that gyrating.   What a thought......



No comments:

Post a Comment