Tuesday 25 October 2011

Car park rage...and more macarons!

Why is it that there are some people who seem to think that 'parent and child' or 'disabled' parking spaces are for people who fit neither category.  It makes me really cross.  I almost said something to some woman today who pulled up next to me - no car seat, no child, no nothing and plenty of other spots to park in but no...she had to park in the parent and child parking spot.  Frankly, I know they are in useful places in terms of proximity to the entry to the shop/park etc, but if you don't have kids you do risk damage to your car as the parents try to manhandle the children, car seats, shopping etc into the door!  Another bunch of people who have annoyed me this week (should I up my happy pill dose?) are people who drop litter - it's everywhere and I saw someone doing the other day from their car....oh, it makes me livid.

When the coalition were asking everyone to come up with money saving ideas to kick start the economy, Peter and I had many a conversation (normally over a glass of wine or three).  Amongst the ideas which I could never of course put forward seriously as it's slightly right wing (@), was the idea of some form of satellite thing which zaps people from space and they turn to dust!  So, it could zap litter droppers and they would simply blow away - their litter wouldn't need to be collected by the council and that would save us money!

Anyway, onto more serious issues.  I have, as I mentioned previously, been baking.  Today I have prepared the ingredients for 2 christmas puddings (based on Delia's recipe) and also been making macarons (again!).  All to overcome my rage at those car park space people!  I was given a mass of apples so I thought I would make some sort of apple based macaron.  I added cinnamon to the macaron shell and then made a filling with 3 apples, some lemon and orange zest (about zest of half of each), melted butter (3 tblspoons) and 4 tablespoons brown sugar.  Simmzer for about 30 minutes.  If the apples aren't soft and basically merged with the rest, bash with a masher!

Am quite pleased with the result.  Used that natural food colouring again - it really doesn't like to be cooked.  These ones were meant to be green......

Bring out the figgy pudding

Apple macarons....not quite green




No comments:

Post a Comment