Monday 17 October 2011

Agricultural Auction - a random stop!

I thought I should share this one.  On the way back from Norfolk we stopped in Sutton, Cambridgeshire to meet one of Peter's friends who he worked with many years ago driving relief trucks in Bosnia during the Bosnian war.  He happened to be selling some stuff at this 'vintage machinery' auction (well, that's what I was told it was but it seemed to be all sorts of tractors, steam buses, milking machines and so on...).....so Isobel and I were in the clear minority as we wandered about this place in the sunshine - I reckon I counted about 12 women in total and there were hundreds of men there!  What was interesting (apart from the random selection of items out for sale - see some pictures below, I was particularly taken by the piles of rusting stuff....probably very important...but it does make me think of the pile of motorbike parts we have in our shed as a result of Peter's ebay addiction a few years ago), was that none of these men seemed to know what to do with a 2.5 year old toddler who was screaming 'look mummy, tractor,' and smearing ice cream all over the seats.....



A John Deere - I know some little boys who would be very happy to see one!


My mum and dad used to have one of these wringer things



There was a lovely old Daimler, some great old garage signs and some steam engine type things which were worth a nosey...so I mustn't be too rude about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment