Thursday 8 August 2013

Two posts in one day??? Has the world gone mad?

No, not really.  I'm just thinking of what great joy there is in attempting to eat the contents of the freezer before we move out!

I say joy - that's because I've been eating mince pies and brandy butter this evening. Yum.  One of my favourites.  Who says they have to be eaten in winter? Why not in the garden when it's been 26 degrees?

So I thought I would share the contents of the freezer as we embark on the last few weeks of UK summer before we depart.  We have:

- A never ending supply of pork livers it seems (....my husband, bless him, got into a mini phase of making terrines....he made one - which was lovely - and now we have a lot of pork livers in the freezer);
- Salmon - I was obviously buying it on special.  Smoked salmon, normal salmon, basically lots of salmon;
- Bread - well, I did go on that baking course;
- Fruit cake soaked with brandy (Christmas - I love brandy soaked fruit!);
- Left over Turkey (do you think that is still OK to eat?);
- Frozen Peas;
- Meatballs;
- One mini milk (I sense a fight over that one!); and
- More bread - garlic, pitta, rolls...you name it.

So, balanced it might not be but it has to be eaten! Can't bear food waste - I wonder if the Love Food Hate Waste website will have some recipes for fruit cake with pork livers....


No comments:

Post a Comment