Thursday 8 August 2013

468 cubic feet.....how many sofas is that?

The move progresses. I am saving a massive box of chocolates for the day the packers come to help me with my anxiety. I feel it might be needed. Anxiety levels are already rising. Thinking of the packers packing the bin and its contents and shipping them to Dhaka ought to make me laugh....!

So the packing people came. I hadn't realised they would have expected me to have gone through the house with a fine toothcomb and worked out exactly which pillowcase was staying and which was going. I had must stepped off the Dreamliner back from Addis, celebrating the fact that it hadn't caught fire again.

Which takes me off at a tangent. The Dreamliner. Very strange windows. I kept waking up and everything was green. It was like being on the set of Wicked in the sky.

Anyway, so yes the packers have come. I have prioritised....kids stuff. Basically Peter and I will be taking a book and some underwear each but the kids will be ok. Toys toys and more toys.

However, the packers then said "oh you are over your storage limit by 460 cubic feet" and walked away. 460 cubic feet? How many sofas is that? According to the packers one picture is about 5 cubic feet.....which suggests they use A LOT of bubble wrap. Oh hum. As Peter said, easier if they just put a container outside and let us pack it. Bubble wrap? What's that?

And finally, Isobel ended the day last night with "mummy, how many weeks are we going to Bangladesh for?" and "can Olivia come to my party?". Not sure she quite understands yet. This could be interesting. Poor little thing. I gave her a big cuddle and said "quite a few weeks....".

No comments:

Post a Comment