Tuesday 10 April 2012

Why why why......peanut butter and marmite what?

I am laughing as I write this. I am being told off for teaching Isobel bad habits. She has started asking 'why' with a vengeance. So the conversation goes something like this:
Isobel, can you put your shoes on?
Why?
Because its cold outside.
Why?
Because its been raining.
Why?
Because the clouds were heavy.
Why?
Because they had drunk too much water.
Why?
.........

And so on. And obviously I am wanting to encourage equal questioning of daddy so I am encouraging it! Hee hee. 'Daddy has to go to work'....'why?'.....'because he does'......'why?'......

And thinking of daddy, Peter is shocked. I made him peanut butter and marmite sandwiches for work the other day. On granary bread of course (to vaguely improve the nutrition levels!). Anyway, he said he was eating them and couldn't work out why the peanut butter he could see tasted like marmite. And when I told him he thought I was some kind of freak - marmite and peanut butter....whatever next? He has heard of peanut butter and jam (or jelly I think he calls it having spent time in the US) but marmite. He declared I must be alone in such a weird sarnie filling. But no! There are whole websites dedicated to it as a sandwich filling! So, despite the fact that everyone he has told has agreed with him, he quite likes it really!

And yes, he does make my sandwiches too. We try to take it in turns. His fillings are sonar to mine. Sometimes we mange cheese and salad but marmalade is often a favourite! Got to love being like Paddington bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment