Sunday 22 April 2012

Seeing a skylark

I am sitting here with the London marathon on in the background and Arthur desperate to play peppa pig with Isobel (she's not having any of it) and reflecting on how emotional it makes me to see the start line! It always brings a tear to my eye. Why on earth I hear you say? I just think its an emotional sporting event - I've run it 3 times and the sense of elation when you finish is quite amazing. All those months of running in whatever weather, eating extra bars of chocolate, then running with people who are running to raise money for all the causes you can think of. Their kids, the illnesses they have, in memory of people, the lifeboats and so on. The emotion really comes out, especially for those running to raise funds for research or care in diseases which have taken someone away from them. Quite inspirational.

But then I also think I'm shedding a year now because it is a part of my life which is in the past - for now....I can see another one is still in me! Now I can barely run up a hill!

Oh well. In my new life I go for lovely walks along the river playing hide and seek with Isobel (who, it must be said, hasn't quite got the rules sorted - when you say where is Isobel she comes running out saying 'here I am'), running through the meadows and very excitedly seeing a skylark singing its happy song! It was lovely. We all stood and watched it for quite a while, going up and down into the meadow.

Not quite the same as running 26 miles but really lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment