Sunday 29 September 2013

The sourdough starteth

At long last our belongings have arrived. I shouldn't say at long last really as we didn't have to wait long. The kids are in toy heaven, all those charity shop specials I found before we left have gone down a treat. Obviously though the things they found the most fun were the giant cardboard boxes! We are keeping a few for making castles and palaces and the like.

Today I thought i would share two things. Firstly, the traffic in Dhaka is a shocker. It's chaos. Madness. Just close your eyes and go! Two lanes become 5, cars driving on the pavements, cars driving the wrong way down the road, rickshaws, more ruckshaws this time broken down in the middle of the road. And yet in the midst of the chaos, a semblance of order. Red traffic lights. People stop. I mean they stop, and wait and wait. Then something happens (what that something is I don't know) and they all go - with the light still on red but slowly changing to green. How very random!

Secondly, and perhaps the most exciting for me, the sourdough experiment has started. One starter now waiting in cupboard to spring to life. This time I used River Cottage for my quantities. Lets see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment