Friday 31 May 2013

Time for a nosey

Kids are safely deposited with granny and papa. New sprouts of grass watered (the sun appears to have come out-shock!) and I am on the train to meet my husband and go on a plane together, on our own, for the first time in 5.5 years. Going in the plane isn't the exciting bit. Three nights on our own in a hotel! What on earth will we talk about??

Now the last time I went to Gatwick with Peter was just after my hen night. I was going to Ethiopia for work but the evil liquor had got to me and my oh my was I ill. He had to come to help me stand up! And stop the car when I felt a little sick....

Anyway. No repeating that today! So why are we going? Well, to look at accommodation, schools, motorcycles riding on pavements and generally to have a nosey. I last went to Dhaka 10 years ago. I have a slight feeling the population and chaos might have increased since then.  It's 35 degrees at the moment apparently. 35 degrees.

The kids keep talking about going to Blangladesh. Although Arty insists not in an aeroplane.  Isobel was slightly traumatised not to be able to come but she will have much more fun baking cakes with granny than being dragged about looking at schools me thinks!

Looking forward to this.  Will be taking photos for the kids and might share a few here.

No comments:

Post a Comment